Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Exploring Ocean Diversity through Science, Art, and Literature
Thursday, November 15, 2012 from 4:00 PM to 8:30 PM (EST)
Join us for the Annual Meeting of the
Gulf of Maine Marine Education Association
Thursday, November 15th, 2012
Gulf of Maine Research Institute
350 Commercial Street
- Absorb professional development that blends art and literature into your science teaching
- Dive into the 7 Principles of Ocean Literacy
- School with educators from Maine, New Hampshire, and beyond
- Migrate home with resources and activities you can use in your classroom tomorrow
- Immerse yourself in a fun, informative evening!
Join for all or some of these events:
4-6 p.m. Hands-on Professional Development Workshops (50 minutes each)
- Kate Leavitt: Integrating Art and Science - An Innovative Model
- Mary Cerullo: Teaching Science Using Children’s Literature
6-7 p.m. Seafood Sampler (Vegetarian options, too)
7-8:30 p.m. Brief Annual Meeting to elect GOMMEA Board members
Featured Presentation: Exploring Ocean Diversity through City Fish, Country Fish
Author Mary Cerullo contrasts the fishes of coral reefs with their New England relatives.
Followed by a panel discussion showcasing resources for studying Ocean Diversity
*Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org